Week Ending 06 May 2016
Some of the work of the Chair this week.
Weekly meeting with Adrian. Our agenda this week included:
- Next Strategic Planning Group Meeting
- CIF Group meeting arrangements
- Next H&S meeting with Terry
- Update on Risk Register
Weekly meeting with Mike. Our agenda this week included:
- Staffing issues
- Maths at CCC
- Staffing structures from September
- Strategic Planning - Responding to Future Opportunities
- Updates on MAT / Academy Sponsor Opportunities / Support for other schools
This week I meet with Sally Anoyrkatis, who is Chair of the Board of Governors of Taw Valley Federation. The Federation are considering their future and how they might become part of a MAT. The meeting maintained a dialogue between our two organisations and enabled us to share a range of issues, challenges and opportunities.
Some time during the week was spent reviewing Chulmleigh Academy Trust's Articles of association. Adrian has done some significant work on reviewing our Articles and ensuring our Article support us responding to the changing educational climate.
A meeting with Paul Winter, Chair of the Board's Strategic Planning Group and Mike Johnson as Executive Headteacher. We are focusing on our modernisation programme and developing our approach to future arrangements and opportunities of the Trust.