Outings and Visits Policy
Statement of Intent
Children benefit from being taken out of the preschool to go on visits or trips to local parks or other suitable venues for activities which enhance their learning experiences. CAT Preschools ensure that there are procedures in place to keep children safe on outings, and all staff and volunteers are aware of and follow the procedures below.
- Parents sign a general consent on registration for their children to be taken out as a part of the daily activities of the setting.
- Parents are always asked to sign specific consent forms before major outings.
- A risk assessment is carried out before an outing takes place.
- All venue risk assessments are made available for parents to see.
- Our adult to child ratio is high, normally one adult to two children, depending on their age, sensibility and type of venue as well as how it is to be reached.
- Named children are assigned to individual staff to ensure each child is individually supervised, to ensure no child goes astray, and that there is no unauthorised access to children.
- Outings are recorded.
- Staff take a list of children with them with contact numbers of parents/carers.
- Records are kept of the vehicles used to transport children, with named drivers and appropriate insurance cover, if applicable.
- A minimum of two staff should accompany children on outings.