Teaching Assistant, Meal Time Assistant and After School Supervisor At Lapford Community Primary School
AT LAPFORD COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL — required September 2021
TEACHING ASSISTANT (27.5 hpw Grade C, £9.81 per hour)
MEAL TIME ASSISTANT (2.5 hpw Grade A, £9.25 per hour)
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB SUPERVISOR (7.5 hpw, Grade D8, £10.62 per hour)
Each of the roles are fixed term from September 2021 to 31 August 2022.
Ideally the TA and MTA roles could be undertaken by the same person with the opportunity to make this a full-time position by combining with the After-School Club Supervisor role.
Teaching Assistant: We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed, patient and motivated Teaching Assistant to join our team. The post involves supervising and providing support for pupils, including those with special needs, to enable access to learning. You will be providing general learning support to children within the classroom. Experience of working with all ages and abilities would be an advantage. The role of the successful candidate will include providing help with learning tasks; feeding back to the teacher on progress made; encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning, self-care and promoting development of self-esteem, promoting independent learning, and supporting children to lead a healthy, active life. The working pattern is Monday to Friday from 9 – 3.30 (one hour unpaid lunch break). Candidates should demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A good standard of English and Mathematics
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience and positivity
- Support inclusion and be fully committed to ensuring the very best for all our pupils
- The ability to support colleagues, use positive behaviour management strategies and ensure the school continues its excellent provision for all pupils
Meal Time Assistant: Required for thirty minutes daily to support meal and active play time.
After School Club Supervisor: The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the After-School Club. The After-School Club will provide an opportunity to engage children in a range of activities in a relaxed, safe environment. The post is for a total of 7.5 hours per week. The work pattern will be 3.30pm to 5.00pm, five days a week. Flexibility will be required, should there be a need for the club to be open until 5.30pm. The post is fixed term until the end of August 2022 and is dependent on the level of demand. The ideal candidate will:
- have excellent communication skills to allow confident interaction with children and parents
- be creative with a good understanding of recreational and physical activities to engage children and promote learning
- be able to work as part of a team
- be able to encourage fair and caring behaviour among the children
- respond to any first aid needs – a current Paediatric First Aid qualification would be an advantage.
- have relevant childcare experience with a Level 3 childcare qualification would be desirable
- have a Food Hygiene Certificate
- have record-keeping experience
An application form and Job Descriptions are available below.
Please download and complete the application form and email it to email@example.com
As employers, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and in that regard have appropriate policies and procedures. All staff undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children
Closing date 10 am Tuesday 21 September 2021
Interview Date: Week beginning 27 September 2021